Skip to main content

Featured Post

Adesuwa Omoruan- a World Class and seasoned Journalist reaches out to even more

Adesuwa Omoruan is dubbed the "queen of selfies" by her siblings. She confesses to taking more selfies than regulars photographs. When Adesuwa Omoruan was a child, she never thought or imagined herself becoming a broadcaster; it was the last thing she ever thought of becoming. As far as she was concerned, the lifestyle of reporters was not up to par with the kind of life she wanted, as the young dreamer that she was at the time. She wanted a life that was rich and full of the best life could offer,  although she wasn't seeking a life that was necessarily flamboyant.  "I just felt that journalist were not paid enough... My idea of a journalist wasn't just working at that time. Sometimes they looked very stressed, very few of them had cars... Growing up, I had this picture of what I wanted to be in life..." She had wanted to become a banker!  As a child, she had taken trips to the bank with her mother on several occasions to cash-in her moth

The LoveWorld Music Maestro: Frank Edwards Redefines Gospel Music with Style and Grace


It was December 31st, 2007, during the annual 31st Night Service with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome at the Loveworld Convocation Arena (LCA) in Ikeja, Lagos, that I witnessed Frank Edwards minister for the very first time. It's was a breathtaking experience as he sang those soul stirring songs, "I see him" and "Flying on Eagles Wings".

I had been expecting to be thrilled by the exceptional gospel minister, Sinach, but what I remember most- the memorable thing about that night was Frank Edwards.

This delightful music minister was born on July 22, 1990 in Enugu State, Nigeria. His foray into music started when he was only ten years old. His father had taught him to play piano as a lad. This skill proved useful for him as Edwards played the keyboard in church before his breakthrough ministration on that 31st Night Service.

Ever since, Edwards has shown what a gifted (and anointed) music minister he his. His debut album, The Definition, released in 2008 was a massive success worldwide. In 2010, he released his second album, Angels on the Runway and followed it up with Unlimited the next year. He again released another album in 2011, Tagjam. 

Edwards has collaborated with the likes of TB 1, Don Moen, Nathaniel Bassey and his Rocktown crew. His latest album, Frankincense created an exciting uproar when it topped the charts on iTunes against Beyonce's Lemonade. He has won numerous awards for his contribution to the gospel music genre. It was a delight to me when I saw a comment made by someone who said Frank Edwards is the only "artiste" who made him love gospel music. 

There is more in Frank!


POSTSCRIPT:

Frank Edwards

Mr. Edwards was born into a family of seven. His birth name is Frank Ugochukwu Edwards. He was born in Enugu state of Nigeria. He is from Enugu state, Richboy as he's famously known has been a blessing to the Christian world as well as many others. Franklin portrayed interest in music right from childhood, as at an early age of 7, he played the piano at home. Through the year, he grew through the ranks, perfecting his finger skills and now he plays on one of the world’s largest stages.

Franklin Edwards is a dedicated member of believers loveworld inc. A.k.a. Christ embassy where he is the paintist to the great minister of the gospel pastor chris oyakhilome phd. On loveworld records, this great artist was raised, tutored, and mentored by pastor chris oyakhilome phd, whom he holds in exceeding great esteem.

"It is grace, because, before my first album came out, I never stood in front of two people to sing not to talk of the whole church, I never held the microphone in the church to lead the choir in the choir rehearsal not to talk of Sunday service, not even Wednesday service, nobody gave me that opportunity, but I was working underground, just recording my songs and when I was recording these songs I was not recording it for album, I was just trying out some of this things I suggested to people and they rejected so I was just trying them out myself, I didn’t plan to make an album, but you know how it is, people hear one song, it is nice, record another one and I did, before you know it the songs that I recorded got to pastor Chris table, I did not even know about it, we were having a global service it was December 31st night and I was there as a keyboardist sitting down when Pastor Chris came out preaching then he walked towards me and whispered to me that your song that I heard are you ready to sing it now, my heart just flew because I had never held a microphone in the church before and here I am, being asked to sing to the whole world, I just started sweating immediately, I didn’t know when I nodded my head to say yes, I think my head moved on its own, then he asked if the sound department had my soundtrack and I said I don’t know, he sent someone to go and ask, and I was just hoping that they should say they don’t have it and the guy came back that they have it and that was it! he gave me the microphone, the first time anybody will be giving me microphone to sing was in front of the whole world and it is not that I had started going for programs then I was still in the studio just doing my thing, so I held the microphone, I just started singing, I didn’t know what took over me, I watched the video after the program, people lifted their hands up, people were on the floor even pastor was singing it word for word which means he has been listening to it, from that night in fact, my Facebook page was jammed and the story has not been the same, so that was actually my turning point."

CAREER AND LIFE

His debut album The Definition was released in 2008. It was 14 track album and was distributed by Honesty Music. Angels on the Runway his second album was released in 2010 and another one Unlimited in 2011.

He rose to fame by Divine Intervention or should I say he was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing as expected of him. Today he has numerous hit songs that have continued to enjoy massive airplay in churches and beyond Nigeria shore. Some of his songs includes, You too dey bless me o, Omema o, Mma Mma, Welcome to Zion and much more. He is a role model and inspiration to the youths.


Producing his songs under his world class Record Label, christened "ROCKTOWN", the young multi-talented artist and motivational speaker has been celebrated for revolutionizing Nigerian Gospel Music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adesuwa Omoruan- a World Class and seasoned Journalist reaches out to even more

Adesuwa Omoruan is dubbed the "queen of selfies" by her siblings. She confesses to taking more selfies than regulars photographs. When Adesuwa Omoruan was a child, she never thought or imagined herself becoming a broadcaster; it was the last thing she ever thought of becoming. As far as she was concerned, the lifestyle of reporters was not up to par with the kind of life she wanted, as the young dreamer that she was at the time. She wanted a life that was rich and full of the best life could offer,  although she wasn't seeking a life that was necessarily flamboyant.  "I just felt that journalist were not paid enough... My idea of a journalist wasn't just working at that time. Sometimes they looked very stressed, very few of them had cars... Growing up, I had this picture of what I wanted to be in life..." She had wanted to become a banker!  As a child, she had taken trips to the bank with her mother on several occasions to cash-in her moth

Victoria Pepple: from a Childhood Dreamer to an Accomplished TV Personality

Victoria Pepple is sincere, just, impartial, assertive, objective, radical, and unassuming... Victoria Pepple's road to fame didn't  come by chance, she worked for it and she has the flair. -Cosmas Nwokafor The first time I saw Victoria Pepple on TV, I knew I was going to love meeting her in person, and I wanted to tell her success story. I got the chance. We met somewhere in Victoria Island, Lagos. She struck me as a warm, personable and easy going person, totally down to earth; no pretensions whatsoever.  She exudes great charisma and absolute warmth. You get the feeling she is very accommodating. Born Victoria Ibitoru Pepple on the 1st of December at the Island Maternity Hospital, on Lagos Island, Victoria Pepple has been there, done that and reaching out to even more. She confessed to being a talkative- a trait that would've indicated her future to discerning minds. Prior to her TV career, Pepple started out has a banker, but got bored quickly. A year in

The Lightning Bolt

Usain Bolt was born Usain Saint Leo Bolt on the 21st of August, 1986 in Sherwood Content, Trelawny, Jamaica. Bolt was born to compete in the sports. As a child, he spent his time playing crickets and soccer in the streets. "When I was young, I didn't really think about anything other than sports". Bolt began to show is potential as a would-be sprinter from his schooling days, starting with Waldensia Primary and by the age of 12, he was the school's fastest runner over the 100metres distance. Although, in high school, Bolt joined the cricket team, but he had someone to guide him on the right path. That person was his cricket coach who noticed his speed on the field of play. Subsequently, Bolt began training as a sprinter with Pablo McNeil, a former Olympic champion, and was coached by Dwayne Jarrett.  He won his first annual high school championship in 2001, taking a silver medal in 200metres and establishing a personal best of 22.04 seconds.  Bolt failed to qualify